Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pre- Trip Report -- Part 2: Starting a Disney Fund

We are finally going back to Disney!!!

The kids and I have been having serious Disney withdrawals the past year and I was finally able to talk the Dear Hubby into booking a trip. How much fun is it that I get to shift into serious planing mode?

The first order of business is researching and deciding on where we would stay within the DVC resorts.  Every trip I consider different resorts and I always book our stay at Boardwalk Villas.  There is just something about the Boardwalk area that draws us back trip after trip.  The vicinity to our favorite park--Epcot--just can't be beat.  Nightly entertainment, clubs, and restaurants are a convenient walk away.  What could compare?  Disney's Tree House Villas.

This has come as a surprise to me too that I would choose a resort so vastly different from our usual haunt.  One of my new hobbies is camping with the family and friends.  So I guess that in some way the Tree House Villas is the best of both worlds.  How awesome is it that I get to go to Walt Disney World and stay at a resort that feels like I am in a secluded cabin in the woods!

I came across an interesting website today (Couponing to Disney) that has inspired me to start a Disney Fund.  In order for this trip to happen I will have to work harder than ever and be creative with how I save.

My opening balance in my Disney Fund is $40.  I had $24 and some change in my savings account (how pitiful is that!), received a $4.50 rebate check from Pilot, and decided to throw in a few more dollars to make it an even $40.

Stay Tuned as we plan our adventure. 
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Grocery Coupons at A Full Cup