Friday, July 9, 2010

Pre-Trip Report -- Part 1: I have a confession...

I have a confession to make and hopefully it won't get me hog-tied and run out of town. After our last trip to the Walt Disney World Resort in January 2009, I felt that I was done with the Disney trips. In all honesty, the thought of returning any time within the following year--made me cringe.

Now several years ago we purchased a camper and we've spent considerable time with close friends and family in the woods. When money got tighter and I couldn't find permanent work, the thought of selling the camper never cross my consciousness. But selling the DVC did several times.

Guys I think I just saw someone pass out in the back row!  Before anyone else requires medical intervention let me put your mind to rest.   Recently I came to my senses with a little help from some friends.

That's us in a photo from May 2008.  The last time we went to WDW as a family.  I'll introduce you to everyone starting from the bottom.

That's "Cinderella" who will be 6 on our next trip.  She is a 100% bonafide princess with all of the girly tendencies you would expect.  And as the smallest member of the clan she sometimes has the biggest presence. 

Standing next to her is "Buzz" who might see 10 years old.  Living with all of these women is hazardous to his health.

The lady with the braids is me, your story telling, trip planning, budget keeping, suitcase packing, surprise making, coupon clipping Momma.  I will henceforth be referred to as "The Queen".  Let's not forget people!

The devilishly handsome gentleman to my left is the self-proclaimed "King Louie".  We let him suffer under the illusion that he has a say in the upcoming trip.  His role in the outworking of this trip is to drive the Disneymobile safely to our destination.  Its not hard, but he some times has to have me (let me) tell him the way.  Also, he gets to express his artistic side and decorate the aforementioned Disneymobile.




Last but not least is our oldest daughter "Pocahontas".  She is a teenager and for most mothers that is all I need to say cause you understand my struggle.  Most days she is a sweet, loving child who greets the day with a smile and laughter.

So now you have met the cast of characters (literally) that will be going on this adventure with us.  Who knows we may even have some more people joining the fun.


Head on over to
Part 2:  Starting a Disney Fund
Part 3:  Possible Disney Fund Deposit

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Grocery Coupons at A Full Cup