Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Jan 08 WDW Trip Re-Visited/Day2--Part2

I know that you are wondering how we possibly ate anywhere in Walt Disney World for $7 and came out full.

First let me give you a list of the items we ordered to show that we got more than enough food.

Sonny and I ordered:
A Caesar salad to share -- $5.49
An Awesome Appetizer platter to share – 16.99
Water for us both -- $0

Brianne and LJ ordered:
House Salad to share -- $5.49
Coconut Shrimp -- $9.99
Bacon Cheeseburger -- $13.97
Ice tea and a coke -- $5.98
Our Subtotal was $57.91

Several trips ago I signed up for RFC’s Safari Club for $15 and I can say that it was money well spent. The club card allows you to receive a free appetizer or a percentage off your bill. Plus, they periodically send you email coupons.

I originally was going to use my AP discount, but the manager came out and told us that we could use the coupon with the SC discount and save more money.

Our Subtotal was $57.91
Minus Safari Club discount $4.10
Minus an email coupon $5.00
Plus tax $3.18
Plus tip $12.00
For a grand total of $63.99

Brianne and I are also members of Mypoints dot com, which is a reward program that gives you points for reading emails. We both had enough points to redeem for a $25 Rainforest Café gift card.

For a grand total of $63.99
Minus gift cards of $50.00
Total due $13.99

Therefore, after deducting the $50 rewards, our coupon, and our Safari Club discount, our out of pocket expense totaled $14. Split between the two couples -- we each paid $7. Voila!

Coupon Clipping Momma, say what!

After our awesome lunch, our next stop was the Island Mercantile so LJ and Brianne could browse for hats.   LJ did buy a hat and he wore it every chance he got our entire week.

At some point we lost Brianne. I don’t really know how you lose a person, but we did! After a few phone calls we found out she was in the restroom. 

Our fast passes weren’t ready yet, so we decided to head to Festival of the Lion King.

A few pictures along the way.

 
  
I love Animal Kingdom's Festival of the Lion King and that love has not diminished with seeing this show every trip.

There is not much I can add to the reviews you have already read, so I will just show the great pictures I was able to take sitting about the third row from the top.
desiab

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Grocery Coupons at A Full Cup