Sunday, October 5, 2008

Jan 08 WDW Trip Re-Visited/Day 1 Part 5

Brianne and LJ going through the gates for the first time.




We spent quite a bit of time touring the different pavilions and snapping a ton of pictures!  I won't bore you with all of them, but here are a few.

Mexico Pavilion:





It had been a long day and we were getting hungry again. The guys walked ahead to get in line for ESPN for dinner since they don’t take ADR’s. Brianne and I took a more leisurely pace and noticed a roped off area beside the bridge leading to the France pavilion. Nosy women that we are we had to find out what they were giving away.

Turns out it was Extra Magic Hour bracelets. We tried our best to sweet talk the CM into giving us bracelets for our husbands, but no dice. I was afraid that with such a long day the guys wouldn’t want to stay for EMH.

Once we made it to the ESPN club the guys were being shown to our table. Nice! I felt like we hadn’t eaten in days. Plus, we hadn’t eaten any snacks all day. 

All of the times that we have stayed at the Boardwalk this is the first time that I have actually been inside the ESPN club. I’m sorry Jordan- I know this is one of your favorite spots.

The food at the ESPN club was either some of the best ever or we were just extremely hungry. We will try it again on our next trip and I will let you know.

You would think that we would have been too full to eat another bite, but the Boardwalk Bakery was calling our names. We snagged some yummy desserts and coffee and ate it with our CM friends.

The Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake was the only dessert I managed to snag a picture of. Everything else was gone pretty quickly.
 
It was approaching 8:45 and we were all itching to see Illuminations. When we walked towards Epcot we had the intentions of just watching from the bridge and then heading back to ASM. But what we ended up doing was going into the parks, picking up EMH bracelets for the guys, and staying until close. Yikes!

Again in retrospect we should have called it a day, but smarter thinking did not prevail. We had so much fun, but our bodies paid for it later.

I had been talking to Brianne about Soarin so much that she was as eager as me to ride. When the board showed a stand-by time of 45 minutes it was unanimous that we would have to come back another time. Spaceship earth had little to no line. We walked almost right up to the door and waited about 5 minutes to be ushered into the ride.

My randy husband just had to have a kiss once we were seated in the ride. We didn’t know that this would mess up the ending for us and we know better for next time. I won’t give away what happens at the end of the ride, but I will say that I enjoyed Spaceship Earth. I know that there has been some debate about the changes to the ride and I have to respectfully disagree. Taken on its on merits and not comparing it to what it “use” to be meant that we had no expectations and was not disappointed.  

Next we got to ride Test Track. For the first time in a while we actually got to get in line, ride this ride, and there were no mechanical malfunctions.

Brianne and LJ decided to be brave and ride Mission Space while Sonny and I elected to just wait for them. We scooted through gift shop and entered the game area. I took a moment to jot down some notes for my trip report and Sonny played Space Race. His team got skunk both times! Its okay baby, you’ll get them next time.

Pretty soon we were headed back to ASM for the night.

This day was too perfect! Something has got to go wrong tomorrow.
  
Up next: Starting the day from the wrong side of the bed.


desiab

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Grocery Coupons at A Full Cup